I don't think I ever wrote about the outcome of the Strawberry Fields Forever bicycle ride I did on May 16th. It was a 100 km bike ride in Monterey County.
|There were three stops along the way for food and drinks.|
|At stop number one: fruits, trail mix, biscotti, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...|
|... and a barista making espresso or pouring coffee...|
|We stopped at the warehouse of Bamboosero...|
|... just keep pedaling ...|
|... world class unicyclist in our midst ...|
|... second stop: lunch!|
|... fruit, make your own sandwiches, cookies, crackers ...|
|.... third stop: Gizdich Ranch!|
- Pick your favorite fruit of the season right off the tree or vine
- Purchase a jar of fresh jam, a delicious fresh-baked pie, or an antique/craft
- Pick up apples (pay by bushel or pound) during the apple season, September through December.
- They seriously have so many apple varieties!! I've never heard of half of these.
- Pick yourself is for 3 weeks only 9 - 5 daily (Red Delicious, Newton Pippins, and Golden Delicious are pickable - Other varieties available for sale only)
- All Gizdich berries are grown, harvested and packed at the ranch
- Call to reserve a flat of berries ahead of time (frozen available all year round)
- The pie and baked goods shop will tantalize your senses!
- Gizdich sales pies, shortcakes, pastries, deli sandwiches, etc
- Walking tours available
Strawberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Apricot and Pumpkin (seasonal) Boysenberry, Verry Berry, Apple, Olallieberry, Apple/Raspberry, Dutch Apple, Double Berry Dutch, Apple Olallieberry, Raspberry, Lemon Meringue, and No Sugar Apple (special orders)
SHORTCAKES: Strawberry and Olallieberry (seasonal)
APPLE DUMPLINGS: Smothered in a decadent apple dessert topping.
|They had a live band there!|
|... one of the final hills ...|
|Final stop! Back at Watsonville High School. Whole Foods catered an amazing dinner!|
|Let's not forget the strawberries!|
|What a good group!|
|... my dinner plate ...|
|... dipped the juicy strawberries in chocolate ganache and whipped cream ...|
Let me know if you want to go next year!