1.17.2010

Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies


I love Martha Stewart. I trust all of her recipes. So far I have made (with the help of Megan and Nicole) four of her cupcake recipes. Yesterday Nicole and I made these double chocolate coconut cookies:

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 cups white-chocolate chunks (about 9 ounces)
1 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, (about 6 ounces)

Instead of the 1 3/4 cup of walnuts we added more flaked cocount and white chocolate chunks. We also decided to driZZZzzzzle the tops of the cookies with caramel. Our goal was to make a Samoa/Caramel de Lite knock-0ff. I don't have any pictures of the final product, but they were a hit!

We brought them to Steve's welcome back BBQ. There was sooooooo much yummy food and great people to hang out with! If I ever get a hold of the pictures of my Dad & Lauretta playing beirut with us, I will post them! After a quick google search, I saw this recipe for caramel de lite bars. Definitely will try those soon.

I planned on crafting a post about the happenings at Tyler's house today, but my iMovie app isn't updated enough. So that will happen later. Tomorrow is my last day before work! I must finish unpacking all of my clothes!!!

1 comment: