2.09.2010

Seaside Residents Collecting Signatures To Oust City Manager | Seaside News

Seaside Residents Collecting Signatures To Oust City Manager | Seaside News

As a new resident of Seaside, CA, I'd like to be a little more "in the know" about my community. When I lived in San Jose, I was just a high school student. Moving to SLO was an impermanent move, excuses, excuses. This blog is supposed to be about life in Monterey County, but most of my posts are about places I've eaten. OOPS.

The link above takes you to an article about Seaside residents that do not support City Manager Ray Corpuz. Apparently he put the police chief on leave back in August, but residents have no clue why. A group of dissenters, the Citizens of Seaside for Transparent Government, are also confused as to where their tax dollar$$s are going. This group has tried to get in contact with Corpuz for months, but nothing has come from their efforts. They want to get him out of office before the election in 2010.

I don't really know the details, but I'm going to keep an eye on this news story!

No comments:

Post a Comment