1.31.2010

The Brit - Pub Crawl Part II


The Brit is a chain! My first experience at a Britannia Arms was at the Almaden one. Let's just say photoshop + scanner + temporary paper driver's license + small talk with bouncer = dancing with Katie and making googly eyes at the saxophone player. HA! Very fun! Anyways....

We walked in to Brittania Arms (444 Alvarado St, Monterey) and headed to the bar to see what sort of deals they had that night. The bartender asked me to look at the chalkboard above the bar. Sure enough, there were the deals! We all went for the $3 Tangerine Wheat. I really liked it, but I'm a sucker for adding flavors to reduce the beer flavor.


I tried to convince these two guys to join WAKA, but they gave me such a severe cold shoulder! I wonder if maybe I had a middle part that was distracting them? Shoot.


After about 30 minutes of being at The Brit, Kyle pointed out the fact that there was a live band. What the? How did I miss that? I was even TRYING to be extra observant for blogging's sake. Double shoot.


Instead of heading to Crown & Anchor, as planned, we headed back to the boonies and went to sleep! Overall I would say that downtown/Alvarado street looks REALLY fun. I can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment