1.31.2010

Cruising the Coast


After eating at 17th Street Grille we got on my tandem bike and headed down the street towards the ocean. We rode for a few miles towards Spanish Bay golf course. Luckily the wind died down slightly! The weather was absolutely beautiful. For future visitors, I now know of a great ride. You just need to supply a car to transport Murray (tandem bike).

We then walked over to Cannery Row and got a free cookie sample from the Nestle store (Nicole and I started that trend a while back). SOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!! I love their cookies. I've never bought one, just sampled though :)

Kyle wanted to check out El Torito. (Since I talk about it a lot? Since I have spent every Tuesday there since I moved here?). I know it is a chain and all, but this one is so much better than all of the other El Torito's in the world! Chips, salsa, margaritas, ocean views... sigh...

Our next stop on this touristy day was Fisherman's Wharf. As you walk down the wharf, you hear people claiming their restaurant has the best clam chowder. Whatever. Have you salespeople been to Splash?? Kyle then reminds me that he worked at Splash for X number of years and never tried their clam chowder! WHAT?! Clam chowder reminds me of leaving fake names at the Splash counter - like Pearl, Diamond, Peridot....

Can't wait to go to SLO next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment