1.28.2010

Taco Tuesday (Part I)

STORMY weather!! Yesterday I woke up and it was still raining, made some coffee, got ready for work, braved the rain, luckily found an umbrella in my trunk, and walked to work. It was my first day! Without getting into the details, I would just like to say that I really enjoyed my first day, love my office, and can't wait for tomorrow! :
After work, I met up with a few coworkers and friends at El Torito (600 Cannery Row, Monterey) for "Taco Tuesday." Each taco is $0.99. They also have other happy hour deals going on from 4 - 8 p.m. Monday thru Friday when in the cantina (bar area). You also get chips and salsa for the table. And let me just say, the cantina was absolutely packed! We had a party of about 12 people and we somehow managed to cram everyone in. Tip: Appoint somebody in your group to get there early and snag a table!
A few of the guys ordered draft beers. They came in the cool goblet (pictured above) when you ordered the grande size. I went with the house margarita (regular size) for $3.95 and I got three tacos. They brought me a receipt for 3 tacos and I went and stood in the veryyyy long line at the taco stand thingy (pictured below).
There was a choice of three meats - steak, carnitas, and chicken. I had one of each. The key to these tacos is the first salsa, the red one. OMG it was soooo good. Flavored the meat nicely. Also at the taco stand was a green salsa, shredded cheese, and a shredded lettuce mix. Some of the guys had 5 tacos each, but I was satisfied with the 3 tacos (plus chips, salsa, and a margarita:).
The night was not over though.... next most of us headed to London Bridges for a game of trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment