2.02.2010

Lopez Restaurante

After a long day of sightseeing and bike riding, we decided that Mexican was the way to go. We headed back into Monterey and ate at Lopez Restaurante (635 Cass St, Monterey). We found the place on Yelp - it had some good reviews that lauded the chips and salsa. Have I mentioned that I have a chip problem? They are my [second] ultimate weakness. (The first is Dr. Pepper.) If you really want to weaken my resolve, put some jalapeno chips & Dr. P in front of me. I will be putty in your hands.

Parking was extremely easy to find, despite the downtown location. The place was pretty empty when we walked in. They must read the yelp reviews, because the "dim lighting" was non-existant. I could easily read my... um... colorful menu. Their menu was distractingly colorful, but I thought it added to the charm. We sat in a huge booth and quickly our server was at our side with a huge basket of chips and a cup thingy of salsa.

NOM NOM NOM NOM. I love chips and salsa.
I ordered "Camarones a la Diabla" - Juicy shrimp seasoned with our own special blend of herbs and spices, cooked in a spicy red sauce with Gilroy garlic, grilled onions, and grilled bell peppers. Served with your choice of corn or flour tortillas. ($14)
Kyle ordered the "Vegetarian Fajitas" - Fresh sauteed onions, bell peppers, and carrots topped with fresh avocado. Served with pico de gallo, sour cream, fresh guacamole, and your choice of flour or hand-made corn tortillas. ($11)

Our waiter was very funny! He kept smiling and apologizing for the wait time (there was NO wait time). And we had a humorous napkin exchange.... My only complaint for the place is that my grilled veggies were LITERALLY swimming in a cup of oil! On my plate! Go ahead and cook those in all the oil you want, as long as I don't have to see it! It's just better not to know. However, they gave generous portions and continued refilling those yummy chips and salsa! Needless to say I was happy, and REALLY full.

No comments:

Post a Comment