2.23.2010

Tico's Breakfast and Lunch

It's always so tough to decide on eating at home or going out. And then once that decision is made, a whole new crop of decisions sprouts up. Late Sunday morning, Kyle and I had to make these tough decisions. I made the decision to not eat at my place, mostly because I was eager to try a new local place. Where to go? Early lunch? Late breakfast? Lunch? Breakfast? Ah!

Wave a magic wand... and Ta Da! Tico's Breakfast and Lunch!

Tico's is located at 330 Reservation Road, Suite C, Marina. It is tucked in a sideways mini-strip-mall type thing, near an Asian Market. They are open Monday - Saturday 8 am - 3 pm. Sunday hours are 8 am - 2:30 pm. I cannot gush enough about Tico's. Their menu is different in an amazing way. When's the last time you went to a random breakfast spot and saw Baby Artichoke Crepes? Banana Foster French Toast? Pecan Waffle? Breakfast Enchiladas?

More decisions! We chose the Berry Pancakes ($9) and the Omelet with Vegetables ($9). The three pancakes came with fresh sseasonal berries dusted lightly with powdered sugar. The berries were added into the actual batter and spread on top of the finished pancakes. I thought that was a particularly nice touch. Plus the pancakes weren't overly thick and heartburn-enducing. Absolutely perfect and fluffy! The Omelet was stuffed with artichoke, tomato, roasted red peppers, spinach, and mozzarella cheese. I think there was some Tico's signature hollandaise sauce on top too! Also on the plate were tons of breakfast potatoes and 4 triangles of wheat toast.

Will someone please give me another excuse to go to Tico's? They have a full sheet of extra specials for Saturday and Sunday's menu. On Yelp people gush about their eggs benedict, if only I was in to that whole poached egg thing. What does that mean anyways?

3 comments:

  1. ok, those pancakes look amaaaazing! when i come to visit on my spring break (week of march 22nd) we are going here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about these pancakes on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, yes we are going! Sarah and I just talked about it!

    ReplyDelete