5.24.2010

31 Cent Scoop Night Recap






It probably seems like ages ago when Baskin Robbins had the MOSTunFREAkinBELIEVEABLE deal ever... And yes, I do still daydream about that glorious day... but it is never too late to look at pictures and celebrate the short, but sweet, life of the 31 cent cone.







I had no idea what to order! They gave everyone the option of buying three $0.31 cones. So technically you could snag a triple scoop beauty for under a buck! I bought two scoops (to start). Tyler, Max, Maren, and I ate our yummy cones at a nearby comic book store. So precious, right?



I hopped in my car and began driving home... I called Kerry on the way and asked her if it would be completely barbaric of me to stop at the Seaside Baskin Robbins location to get more ice cream. There were two flavors I still wanted - coffee and chocolate/peanut butter. At first Kerry was on the no-don't train (which was why I called her, so she could talk some sense into me), but I eventually said "screw it," and convinced her that it would be okay because the scoops are just so small!

I'm glad I stopped! At this location the Seaside Fire Department was behind the counter serving the scoops! They parked their big red fire truck outside of the store and a few non-scooping firemen were there supporting the cause. I snapped the picture (below) of a retired fireman whose son (left) was serving me my ice cream. All the profits went to the National Fallen Firefighters Association.

On the organization's website it reads: "The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and Baskin-Robbins would like to thank everyone who participated in the Annual 31 Cent Scoop Night held on April 28, 2010 to benefit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and local fire service organizations nationwide... This year's event was a tremendous success; Millions of ice cream scoops were served in support of our firefighting heroes across the U.S. ... We would like to thank all of the fire service organizations that came out to support the event. Almost 700 partnerships were created between local Baskin-Robbins shops and fire service organizations." 


So GLAD I could help! Anytime, really.

Side note: 4 scoops of ice cream!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment