11.13.2010

WUSSing around San Diego

On Tuesday I arrived in San Diego for a SAS conference called WUSS. I won't go into the specifics of the conference (just imagine lots of coding and semi-colon usage) but it was really fun and I learned a lot! I'm particularly excited about this new concept and want to find ways to incorporate the (more efficient) code into the things I'm working on!

When I arrived in SD I drove to Salon 5th on 5th Avenue in Hillcrest. I purchased a cut/color Groupon from them and I'm glad I got to use it! Note: best shampoo/head massage evvvvver.







Then I drove to USD to pick up Nicole. We decided Mexican good would be a good choice for dinner so we drove a couple of blocks towards Old Town an ate at Casa Guadalajara...







The place has such a fun decor -very Dia de Los Muertos.




And guess what? It was happy hour! Buy a drink and you get access to the (sort of lame) happy hour buffet. Chips, salsa, plain cheese quesadilla triangles, and a fried chicken-y thing.




Not pictured: our yummy yummy yummy seafood enchiladas! Then Nicole and I went to the hotel in Mission Bay. Check it out!




First official work trip! :) I was excited...




I didn't take a lot of iPhone pictures, but above you'll see some food I munched on before the half-day class started. Each day I thought the food was really good! Especially at the networking dinner Wednesday night! (oh hey crab cakes)




I also got to see a lot of San Diego while I was there (besides trips to and from USD haha).




Wednesday night I hung out with Nicole before her dance practice













Blah blah blah... I'll write part 2 later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment